Rapid ecommerce delivery
Now more than ever, we are seeing businesses large and small – from major B2B organisations to small independent retailers start trading online.
We have created an approach that gets you trading rapidly with a beautiful and effective digital business, without compromising the technical agility of your business in the future.
We can get you up and trading in just 12 weeks
- We only use SaaS (Software as a Service) products like Shopify or BigCommerce. We avoid Magento and other physically architected products with version control limitations
- We build for speed-to-market but don’t make short-term technical decisions that will slow you down when you scale or need to evolve your commerce presence
- We design a bespoke UX experience, based on a tried and tested commerce principles to get-to-market in weeks
- Our commerce service is fully managed – meaning we can look after the go-to-market strategy, marketing and online optimisation and commercial return of your site each and every week
- With our Mediacom partnership, we can also offer media planning, buying and attribution modelling services as you scale
- As your commerce needs grow, the SaaS offering can scale with you. For example, add automation & API’s to improve operating efficiencies and business integrations for product loads, order processing, fulfilment activities and customer data into CRM
Why SaaS ecommerce?
SaaS ecommerce is the modern choice for start-ups and large corporates, whether you are a low or a high transaction business.
- Enjoy zero PCI DSS compliance needs
- Fully Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Scalable and Secure.
- Global scaling & performance
- SEO built-in by default
- Rapid build and go-live
- Unlimited UX & Design possibilities
- No servers, no hosting or maintenance
- No vendor software is installed
- Minimal monthly service, commission structures and credit card costs
- Out of the box powerful admin to manage products, categories, orders & status, abandoned basket, insights, reporting and more
Why not Magento, WooCommerce and friends?
- Put simply, they don’t offer any of these benefits
- Any vendor commerce product that requires you to install software and manage on physical servers, hosting, security, monthly maintenance & patching – is old thinking
- Vendor products including WooCommerce, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, WebSphere, Shopware are to be avoided
- Hosting ecommerce software opens a set of complex PCI-DSS and security compliance requirements
- These are tactical choices and do not offer the same ROI, scalability or adaptability.
How we do it
Sometimes we work independently only needing key stakeholders to get going, but most of the time we augment our people around yours so you can own your shop easily in the future if you like.
Day zero - Kick off
- Understand your ambition
- Understand and agree your business flows from supply to fulfilment
- Understand and agree possible constraints, risks and blockers
- Understand and agree initial product lines and priorities
- Understand and agree success metrics
- Agreed scope (within the boundaries of speed to market)
- Select the right SaaS provider for your needs
- Select the right payment gateway & business flow for purchases
- Brand and art direction development
- Agree the product content structure / categories
- Design the user experience journey
Month two & three
- Design & Development – Based on Brand and Design direction
- Load product mixes for launch
- Final user journeys and cross-browser/device testing
- Provide training on the SaaS platform administration tools
- Go Live!
At Code, we have been helping retailers as diverse as Oxfam Shop, CenterParcs and Waterstones deliver against their commerce objectives for over 20 years.
Too often businesses are sold a licence to a vendor product, only to find it’s the wrong choice for their business later. We will offer you advice in your interest, not in the interest of the vendor or us.
Our user experience design credentials are impressive. We are one of only seven businesses on the BBC’s Global UX and Design Roster; and one of only three on the Co-op’s Digital roster.
We love our client partners. We tend to stick together for years. Hillarys Blinds has been a partner for over 15 years – something we are very proud of.
Our ecommerce work
Need support with your ecommerce strategy?
We can get you trading rapidly without compromising the technical agility of your future business.
Help us understand what you need by filling out the form and we’ll be in touch.