As a User Experience Consultant, you will work within a team of designers and collaboratively, with other disciplines, to create digital solutions that delight customers and are commercially successful. You are passionate about users and an advocate of their needs. You bring empathy and audience understanding in the design process using techniques from across the range of User Experience skills, including user research, testing, information architecture, UX design, and UX strategy.
Role and responsibilities...
- Contribute UX expertise and work collaboratively with other disciplines to design user experiences that will delight users and convert well
- Plan and conduct user research activities and stakeholder interviews
- Review projects throughout design and development for UX quality, usability, and conversion.
Skills and experience...
- Set up and running of qualitative and quantitative user research activities (user testing, depth interviews, tree testing, card sorting, survey-based techniques, etc)
- An understanding of usability and information architecture
- Decent understanding of Google Analytics, and heatmapping/customer experience analytics tools (eg Crazy Egg, Hotjar etc)
- Creation of UX outputs (user personas, user journeys, user process flows, wireframes/sketches, prototypes using tools like Axure, etc)
- Planning and management of client workshops and stakeholder interviews
- Understanding of accessibility and how to design for diverse audience needs
- Ability to create and test hi-fidelity prototypes
- Creation of in-browser prototype using basic HTML/CSS
What we value...
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
Perks of working for Code
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Subsidised massages on-site
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- Annual (& legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme