Purpose of the role...
Capable web software developer/engineer with a passion and desire to continue learning & progress
We have opportunities for motivated web software engineers to join our talented multi-disciplined product focused teams at Code Computerlove, to deliver web products for our award winning client list.
Role and responsibilities...
Reporting to the teams Software Development Lead, you'll play a critical role in delivering technical solutions as part of the product team. You will have the support from other Software Engineers & our ‘Best in Industry’ Principal Software Engineers, so you can keep progressing your own skills.
You must have a strong desire to improve yourself and learn from others, whilst also getting involved in the Code Computerlove culture of learning & sharing.
Who are you?
You have been on a massive learning curve and earnt your stripes in web software development - most likely in a Microsoft stack (C#, NET Core etc), but have dabbled with other technology. You will be a capable software engineer/developer with a 'Test First/TDD' approach, but recognise you aren't the Jedi master yet and still need some support as you continue your career & passion.
You will be passionate about technology and aware of lean modern engineering, DevOps & agile/delivery practices. You will have been exposed at some level to working in a TDD, test first approach, and can demonstrate this understanding.
Skills and experience...
- Solid grounding in Microsoft technologies (C#, MVC, dotnet Core etc)
- An understanding of what Code Craftsmanship is (Clean Code, TDD, Refactoring techniques) and can demonstrate your understanding through collaborative working practices, pair coding or a personal GitHub repo.
- You have had experience of Lean or Agile working practices, but want to cement your knowledge and help contribute continuous improvement and eliminating waste as part of a team.
- You will have as much passion in HOW you work & deliver solutions to problems as you do in the technology you use, so terms like 'Craftsmanship', 'Clean Code', 'TDD', 'Self Organising', 'Metrics', 'Fast Feedback', 'Automate Everything' is something you believe in very strongly.
- You are already a competent developer, but looking for the support & culture to progress further.
- Exposure to other languages: NodeJS, React
- Experience in utilising cloud services and DevOps practices in Azure or AWS.
- Exposure to open source or enterprise level Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Perhaps you will already be attending tech community events in the North West, and recognise the importance of the tech community to calibrate and learn from best in industry engineers. XPMan, DevOps Manchester, Lean Agile Manchester, MancJS, McrFRED etc..
What we value...
What our Engineers & Teams Value
- A focus on modern engineering principles, Craftsmanship, Automation, TDD & BDD, DevOps, so technical solutions can be constantly adapted to meet ever changing demands with reliability, repeatability and fast feedback.
- Agile/Lean Thinking - Product focussed, Kanban approach, Extreme programming, building collaborative team structures that want to surface and use data to drive decisions.
- Self-Organising – empowered team that constantly seek to improve to reliably deliver iterative solutions.
- Learning & Personal Development - Code Kata's, Brown Bags, Skill Shares & External software coaches
- Actively attend & speak at local tech & lean meetups in the North West - DevOps Manc, XPMan, MancJS, North West Tester Gathering, CodeUp etc
- Use the flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas are encouraged.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- BRILLIANT NEVER STOPS
Our offices are based in Manchester city centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Piccadilly train station. We value our working spaces greatly so we've crafted studios and working environments that let creativity flourish. We would like individuals who can embrace Code's learning culture and collaborative project approach.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days' holiday, paid social events, bike schemes, you name it...
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- Personal headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental health cover
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!