The Development Team...
We believe in using the right technology to solve the right problem, which re-enforces our strong commitment to decoupled / loosely coupled architectures and modern engineering practices. We structure ourselves in autonomous product teams, and we believe in only building what needs to be built to deliver value. Using modern engineering principles to create adaptable products for our clients.
As part of the development discipline you will have access to some of the best talent in the region at Code. Our disciplines actively attend, contribute and host many of the best events in the North West Tech community including XPMan, MancJS, McrFRED, DevOps Manchester to name only a few.
As a Web Software Engineer you will play a critical role in delivering technical solutions as part of the product team along with 3 other software developers, QA, Designers, Product Owner etc. You will have the support from other Software Engineers & our ‘Best in Industry’ Principal Software Engineers, so you can keep progressing your own skills. You will be working with clients like Oxfam - a large well established charity, and AccommodationForStudents.com a market leading student accommodation brand, helping them to grow and deliver value from their products.
You are already a competent modern software developer who has had experience of using TDD & SOLID practices, with exposure to Lean/Agile processes but looking for the support & culture to progress further. A solid grounding in Microsoft technologies (C#, MVC & dotnet Core etc), but perhaps have had some exposure to other languages (NodeJS & React - but not essential).
We would love for you to have been involved in local tech & lean meetups - DevOps Manc, XPMan, MancJS, North West Tester Gathering & CodeUp etc. We look for our Product Teams to drive continuous improvement and we value a focus on modern engineering principles, Craftsmanship, Automation, TDD & BDD & DevOps. This is so today's technical solutions can be constantly adapted or refactored to meet ever changing demands with reliability, repeatability and fast feedback.
Our offices are based in Manchester city centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Piccadilly train station. We value our working spaces greatly so we've crafted studios and working environments that let creativity flourish. We would like individuals who can embrace Code's learning culture and collaborative project approach.
What we value...
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- BRILLIANT NEVER STOPS
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Relocation package (if applicable)
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- Personal headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental health cover
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!