The Development Team...
We are committed to modern engineering practices and believe in using the right technology to solve the right problem. As part of the development discipline you will work alongside some of the best talent in the region. Our discipline attends, contributes to and hosts many of the best events in the North West Tech community including XPMan, MancJS, McrFRED and DevOps Manchester.
Role and responsibilities...
As a Web Software Engineer you will play a critical role in delivering technical solutions as part of your autonomous product team. You will have the support of other Software Engineers and our ‘Best in Industry’ Principal Software Engineers, so you can keep progressing your own skills. We look for our product teams to drive continuous improvement and we value modern engineering.
Skills and experience...
Skills and experience
You will already be a competent, modern software developer who has had experience of using TDD & SOLID practices, with exposure to Lean/Agile processes. You will have also had exposure to cloud services and DevOps practices in Azure or AWS.
You have a solid grounding in Microsoft technologies (C#, MVC & dotnet Core etc) and are pragmatic and level headed with an empathetic approach.
What we value...
What our Teams & Engineers Value
We have a focus on modern engineering principles, craftsmanship, automation, TDD & BDD and DevOps. We do this so technical solutions can be constantly adapted to meet changing demands with reliability, repeatability and fast feedback. We are Agile/Lean Thinking, which allows our teams to be product focused, use a Kanban approach and build collaborative team structures that use data to drive decisions.
We value Code Katas, Brown Bags, SkillShares and external software coaches for learning and personal development. Encouraging the use of our flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas can be created.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- BRILLIANT NEVER STOPS
Our offices are based in Manchester City centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Piccadilly train station. We value our working spaces greatly so we've crafted studios and working environments that let creativity flourish. We would like individuals who can embrace Code's learning culture and collaborative project approach.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday, paid social events, bike schemes, you name it...
Perks of working for Code
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Subsidised massages on-site
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- Annual (& legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme