Purpose of the role...
Modern Sitecore Software Engineer, Driving High Quality Code & DevOps practices.
We are looking for a modern thinking software engineer, with sol id Sitecore v8.x experience to join our talented multi-disciplined product focused teams at Code Computerlove. We use Sitecore to deliver a variety of award winning brands including Oxfam.org.uk, ChesterZoo.org, SueRyder.org, and multiple train networks within the Go Ahead Group...
A solid understanding of Sitecore and its eco-system is a must, ideally backed with certification that Code will continue to support and help you grow. You’ll be equally capable of communicating detailed solution designs to key stakeholders as you are at building them.
Role and responsibilities...
As a Software Engineer you'll play a critical role in defining the products technical solutions within the team, as well as supporting and mentoring other Professional & Foundation level developers in their progression.
Reporting into the teams Software Development Lead, you will help to deliver Code Computerlove’s lean/agile vision, identifying and deliver measurable value and iterative products with your teams’ portfolio of clients.
You must have a strong desire to improve yourself and learn from others, whilst also getting involved in the Code Computerlove’s culture of learning & sharing. You will have support from our ‘Best in Industry’ Principal Software Engineers, so you can keep progressing your own skills and career - hopefully to a Principal level yourself!
Who are you?
You are a solid, competent software engineer/developer, passionate about technology and lean modern engineering, DevOps & delivery practices. You will have worked in a TDD, test first approach to delivering scalable web solutions.
You are pragmatic in your approach, balancing technical and product needs to deliver quality adaptable solutions as part of a continuously improving product team. Perhaps you are not sure how your current role can grow any further, or you are lacking the support to keep progressing…?
Skills and experience...
- Solid Sitecore capability & background (preferably certified) underpinned by a demonstrable knowledge of how best to architect and leverage Sitecore's engine and features in v8.x
- Solid understanding of what Code Craftsmanship is (Clean Code, TDD, Refactoring techniques) and can demonstrate his understanding through collaborative working practices & pair coding.
- You have used a range of technology, highly capable with C#, NodeJS, Git, CI, Deployment & DevOps automation practices.
- Experience in utilising cloud services and DevOps practices in Azure or AWS.
- You have had experience of Lean or Agile working practices, but want to cement your knowledge and help contribute continuous improvement and eliminating waste as part of a team.
- You will have as much passion in HOW you work & deliver solutions to problems as you do in the technology you use, so terms like 'Craftsmanship', 'Clean Code', 'TDD', 'Self Organising', 'Metrics', 'Fast Feedback', 'Automate Everything' is something you believe in very strongly.
- You are already a competent developer, but looking for the support & culture to progress further.
- Exposure to other open source Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Experience with Team Development for Sitecore, Octopus Deploy, MongoDB, Unicorn Serialization
- Experience with Helix / Habitat architecture
- Perhaps you will already be attending tech community events in the North West, and recognise the importance of the tech community to calibrate and learn from best in industry engineers
What we value...
What our Engineers & Teams Value
- A focus on modern engineering principles, Craftsmanship, Automation, TDD & BDD, DevOps, so technical solutions can be constantly adapted to meet ever changing demands with reliability, repeatability and fast feedback.
- Agile/Lean Thinking - Product focussed, Kanban approach, Extreme programming, building collaborative team structures that want to surface and use data to drive decisions.
- Self-Organising – empowered team that constantly seek to improve to reliably deliver iterative solutions.
- Learning & Personal Development - Code Kata's, Brown Bags, Skill Shares & External software coaches
- Actively attend & speak at local tech & lean meetups in the North West - DevOps Manc, XPMan, MancJS, North West Tester Gathering, CodeUp etc
- Use the flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas are encouraged.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- BRILLIANT NEVER STOPS
Our offices are based in Manchester city centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Piccadilly train station. We value our working spaces greatly so we've crafted studios and working environments that let creativity flourish. We would like individuals who can embrace Code's learning culture and collaborative project approach.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days' holiday, paid social events, bike schemes, you name it...
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Relocation package (if applicable)
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- Personal headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental health cover
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!