Purpose of the role...
Modern Senior Software Engineer, Driving High Quality Code & DevOps practices.
We have opportunities for modern thinking software engineers to join our talented multi-disciplined product focused teams at Code Computerlove. As a Senior, you'll play a critical role in defining the technical solutions within the team, as well as supporting and mentoring other Professional & Foundation level developers to progress. You will have the support from our ‘Best in Industry’ Principal Software Engineers, so you can keep progressing your own skills – hopefully to a Principal level yourself!
Role and responsibilities...
As a Senior Engineer reporting into your teams Software Development Lead you will help to deliver Code Computerlove’s lean/agile vision, identifying and delivering measurable value and iterative products with your teams’ portfolio of clients.
You must have a strong desire to improve yourself and learn from others, whilst also getting involved in the Code Computerlove culture of learning & sharing.
Who are you?
You are a solid, competent software engineer/developer, passionate about technology and lean modern engineering, DevOps & delivery practices. You will have worked in a TDD, test first approach to delivering scalable web solutions.
You are pragmatic in your approach, balancing technical and product needs to deliver quality adaptable solutions as part of a continuously improving product team.
Perhaps you are not sure how your current role can grow any further, or you are lacking the support to keep progressing…?
Skills and experience...
- Solid understanding of what Code Craftsmanship is (Clean Code, TDD, Refactoring techniques) and can demonstrate this understanding through collaborative working practices & pair coding.
- You have used a range of technology, highly capable with C#, NodeJS, Git, CI & Deployment automation, however more importantly can demonstrate your engineering practices/craftsmanship to new technology – perhaps via examples on your personal GitHub repo.
- Experience in utilising cloud services and DevOps practices in Azure or AWS.
- You have had experience of Lean or Agile working practices, but want to cement your knowledge and help contribute continuous improvement and eliminating waste as part of a team.
- You will have as much passion in HOW you work & deliver solutions to problems as you do in the technology you use, so terms like 'Craftsmanship', 'Clean Code', 'TDD', 'Self Organising', 'Metrics', 'Fast Feedback', 'Automate Everything' is something you believe in very strongly.
- You are already a competent developer, but looking for the support & culture to progress further.
- Exposure to open source or enterprise level Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Perhaps you will already be attending tech community events in the North West, and recognise the importance of the tech community to calibrate and learn from best in industry engineers.
What we value...
What our Engineers & Teams Value
- A focus on modern engineering principles, Craftsmanship, Automation, TDD & BDD, DevOps, so technical solutions can be constantly adapted to meet ever changing demands with reliability, repeatability and fast feedback.
- Agile/Lean Thinking - Product focussed, Kanban approach, Extreme programming, building collaborative team structures that want to surface and use data to drive decisions.
- Self-Organising – empowered team that constantly seek to improve to reliably deliver iterative solutions.
- Learning & Personal Development - Code Kata's, Brown Bags, SkillShares & External software coaches
- Actively attend & speak at local tech & lean meetups in the North West - DevOps Manc, XPMan, MancJS, North West Tester Gathering, CodeUp etc
- Use the flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas are encouraged.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- BRILLIANT NEVER STOPS
Our offices are based in Manchester City centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Piccadilly train station. We value our working spaces greatly so we've crafted studios and working environments that let creativity flourish. We would like individuals who can embrace Code's learning culture and collaborative project approach.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday, paid social events, bike schemes, child care schemes, you name it...
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- £20 headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental cover up to £100
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!