Purpose of the role...
Driving high quality mobile development across the agency
We are looking for a brilliant mobile/app software engineer to help deliver mobile products for our clients and Code’s own products which include The Higher Lower Game.. a great opportunity to bring your own ideas!
Role and responsibilities...
As the Senior Mobile Engineer, you will play a critical role in supporting our multi-disciplined product teams to deliver mobile products.
You must have a strong desire to improve yourself and learn from others, and also be willing to participate in Code Computerlove’s culture of learning & sharing.
Who are you?
You have played a key role in the architecture and delivery of a wide range of mobile applications. You will be happiest working as part of a team, sharing your knowledge and coaching other engineers in mobile development.
You will be passionate about technology and aware of lean modern engineering, DevOps & agile/delivery practices. You will have been exposed at some level to working in a TDD, test first approach, and can demonstrate this understanding.
Skills and experience...
- Solid experience in developing for iOS using Swift and/or objective-C.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching other engineers.
- Solid understanding of what Code Craftsmanship is (Clean Code, TDD, Refactoring techniques) and able to demonstrate this understanding through collaborative working practices & pair coding.
- You have had experience of Lean or Agile working practices but want to cement your knowledge and help to contribute continuous improvement and eliminate waste as part of a team.
- You will have as much passion in how you work & deliver solutions to problems as you do in the technology you use - terms like 'Craftsmanship', 'Clean Code', 'TDD', 'Self Organising', 'Metrics', 'Fast Feedback', 'Automate Everything' are something you believe in very strongly.
- A pragmatic, level headed & empathetic approach to all aspects of your responsibilities.
- Exposure to other languages and frameworks, specifically NodeJS, React, React Native.
- Exposure to developing for Android.
- Experience in automation using Fastlane tools, Jenkins or similar.
- Experience in utilising cloud services and DevOps practices in AWS.
- Knowledge of web development and HTTP specifically for writing APIs to support mobile applications.
- Through already attending tech community events in the North West (XPMan, NSManchester, Android Manchester, MancJS etc.), you recognise the vital role the wider tech community plays in enabling you to calibrate and learn.
What we value...
What our Engineers & Teams Value
- A focus on modern engineering principles, Craftsmanship, Automation, TDD & BDD, DevOps, so technical solutions can be constantly adapted to meet ever changing demands with reliability, repeatability and fast feedback.
- Agile/Lean Thinking - Product focussed, Kanban approach, Extreme programming, building collaborative team structures that want to surface and use data to drive decisions.
- Self-Organising – empowered team that constantly seek to improve to reliably deliver iterative solutions.
- Learning & Personal Development - Code Kata's, Brown Bags, Skill Shares & External software coaches
- Actively attend & speak at local tech & lean meetups in the North West - DevOps Manc, XPMan, MancJS, North West Tester Gathering, CodeUp etc
- Use the flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas are encouraged.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together.
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference.
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- BRILLIANT NEVER STOPS
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Relocation package (if applicable)
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- Personal headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental health cover
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!