Role and responsibilities...
Technology Leaders & Inspirers that can Engineer the Future!
We have an opportunity at top end of our pure technical path - a 'Principal' best in industry engineer - to join our multi-disciplined product focused teams at Code Computerlove.
As a Principal, you'll be empowered by your Software Development Lead to own, define and evolve the technical solutions within the team, as well as mentoring other Senior, Professional & Foundation level developers to progress. You'll work very closely with the teams Software Development Lead to ensure product & code quality is maintained.
You will also join with other Principal engineers to define and implement engineering standards, tech radar and reusable frameworks within Code.
As part of the your team, you will help to deliver Code Computerlove’s lean/agile vision, helping identify and deliver measurable value and iterative products with your teams’ portfolio of clients.
Who are you?
You are passionate about technology to a level far above all others - actively inspiring and mentoring your colleagues and team members in becoming just as passionate and capable as you.
You understand how to select technology for a purpose - quickly adapting your skills & code craftsmanship to it, shape it, and engineer it to deliver awesome solutions to solve complex problems.
Perhaps you are bored of not been given the latitude you need in your current role - "..you're the only one that can see the future..and no-one is listening to you..", perhaps you have been living out of a suitcase as a consultant or contractor for too long and want to feel empowered and make real change...?.
Skills and experience...
- Solid understanding of what Code Craftsmanship is (Clean Code, TDD, Refactoring techniques) and can demonstrate this understanding through collaborative working practices & pair coding.
- You have used a range of technology, highly capable with C#, NodeJS, Git, CI & Deployment automation, however more importantly can demonstrate your engineering practices/craftsmanship to new technology – perhaps via examples on your personal GitHub repo.
- Solid capability in utilising cloud services and DevOps practices in Azure or AWS.
- Adaptable to technology, you will be able to quickly set direction and be hungry to learn more whilst being driven & capable in inspiring and skilling others around you - so open minded, approachable & pragmatic is a must
- You have solid experience of Lean or Agile working practices and helping to drive improvments as part of a team.
- You will have as much passion in HOW you work & deliver solutions to problems as you do in the technology you use, so terms like 'Craftsmanship', 'Clean Code', 'TDD', 'Self Organising', 'Metrics', 'Fast Feedback', 'Automate Everything' is something you believe in very strongly.
- Exposure to open source or enterprise level Content Management Systems (CMS).
- You will already be attending or speaking at tech community events in the North West, and recognise the importance of the tech community to calibrate and learn from other best in industry engineers.
What we value...
What our Engineers & Teams Value
- A focus on modern engineering principles, Craftsmanship, Automation, TDD & BDD, DevOps, so technical solutions can be constantly adapted to meet ever changing demands with reliability, repeatability and fast feedback.
- Agile/Lean Thinking - Product focussed, Kanban approach, Extreme programming, building collaborative team structures that want to surface and use data to drive decisions.
- Self-Organising – empowered team that constantly seek to improve to reliably deliver iterative solutions.
- Learning & Personal Development - Code Kata's, Brown Bags, SkilLShares & External software coaches
- Actively attend & speak at local tech & lean meetups in the North West - DevOps Manc, XPMan, MancJS, North West Tester Gathering, CodeUp etc
- Use the flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas are encouraged.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- BRILLIANT NEVER STOPS
Our offices are based in Manchester City centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Piccadilly train station. We value our working spaces greatly so we've crafted studios and working environments that let creativity flourish. We would like individuals who can embrace Code's learning culture and collaborative project approach.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday, paid social events, bike schemes, child care schemes, you name it...
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- £20 headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental cover up to £100
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!