Code’s product innovation and mobile team specialises in developing native and hybrid apps for clients such as ASDA, Chester Zoo and Brother as well as developing our own IP, including The Higher Lower Game previously #1 free app in the app store. This is an opportunity to work in a small, mixed discipline team that is looking to drive technical innovation for the business.
Role and responsibilities...
Who are you?
You are a solid, competent developer, passionate about mobile and smart-enabled technologies as well as lean modern engineering principles.
The role provides an opportunity to be involved in the full product lifecycle, collaborating closely with UX-designers and product owners to help prototype and validate new ideas before moving into full product development.
Experienced in building scalable, adaptable software for the Android platform. You are pragmatic in your approach, capable across a range of technologies be it Android, Cordova / Ionic, NodeJS or iOS. An active tech community member – learning and calibrating with others in the tech community.
Perhaps you are not sure how your current role can grow any further, or you are lacking the support to progress…? If you’re looking for a fast-paced, collaborative environment and thrive on varied technical challenges then come and join us.
Skills and experience...
You have used a range of technology, highly capable with Android, CI & Deployment automation, however more importantly can demonstrate a high level of code quality and technical innovation – perhaps via examples on your personal GitHub repo.
Solid understanding of what Craftsmanship is (Clean Code, TDD, Refactoring techniques) and can demonstrate this understanding through collaborative working practices & pair coding.
You have had experience of Lean or Agile working practices, but want to cement your knowledge and help contribute continuous improvement and eliminating ‘waste’ as part of a team.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will have an attitude that will help support technical creativity and collaboration.
You will have as much passion in HOW you work & deliver solutions to problems as you do in the technology you use, so terms like 'Craftsmanship', 'Clean Code', 'TDD', 'Self Organising', 'Metrics', 'Fast Feedback', 'Automate Everything' is something you believe in very strongly.
You are already a competent developer, but looking for the support & culture to progress further.
One or more of the following;
Understanding of native iOS development with Swift or Objective-C
Server side development using Node.JS, Nginx and Linux
You might already be attending tech community events in the North West, and recognise the importance of the tech community to calibrate and learn from best in industry engineers.
What we value...
What our Engineers & Teams Value
- A focus on modern engineering principles, Craftsmanship, Automation, TDD & BDD, DevOps, so technical solutions can be constantly adapted to meet ever changing demands with reliability, repeatability and fast feedback.
- Agile/Lean Thinking - Product & Value focussed, Kanban approach, Extreme programming, building collaborative team structures that want to surface and use data to drive decisions.
- Self-Organising – empowered team that constantly seek to improve to reliably deliver iterative solutions.
- Learning & Personal Development - Code Kata's, Brown Bags, Skill Shares & External software coaches
- Actively attend & speak at local tech & lean meetups in the North West - XPMan, MancJS etc
- Use the flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas are encouraged.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
Our offices are based in Manchester City centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Piccadilly train station. We value our working spaces greatly so we've crafted studios and working environments that let creativity flourish. We would like individuals who can embrace Code's learning culture and collaborative project approach.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday, paid social events, bike schemes, child care schemes, you name it...
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- £20 headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental cover up to £100
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!