Working collaboratively with designers, developers and other digital professionals, you’ll provide the research and early-stage design deliverables that underpin the creation world-class products and services.
Leading alongside a small group of UX consultants (as part of our distributed Experience Design team) you will be responsible for running and overseeing all aspects of qualitative user research. You will work with agile product teams to flesh out objectives and then run appropriate research methods and create the artifacts that will help them gather and leverage insights to make a positive impact on their work.
You will run Code’s in-house research lab, managing relationships with account teams and clients to ensure they are getting maximum value from this facility, while constantly looking for opportunities to extend the volume and diversity of our research activities.
You will proactively work in partnership with our Performance team to leverage data insights alongside those that you have collected in the field and the lab. We need you to roll your sleeves up, but also be a natural leader and mentor, as your work will shape the final product, ensuring we make use of evidence and insights to underpin amazing solutions that work beautifully for their intended users.
Role and responsibilities...
- Planning, organising and running design research activities and drawing insight from research findings and creating appropriate design deliverables.
- Collaborative, commercial experience design and innovation – working with other disciplines and clients to define user experiences that balance user goals and business objectives with brand, time, budget, and technology.
- Empathy – always forming and testing ideas, designs and solutions with the needs of real people in mind
- Leadership and mentoring – helping develop other team members, by sharing knowledge and passion with the wider agency and the world.
- Client centric – creating and maintain good relationships with clients, as well as taking a role in new business development and pitches.
Skills and experience...
What you'll need...
- Critical thinking: Desire and ability to interrogate a variety of sources when faced with a problem, always looking for answers beyond the obvious.
- Problem solving: Ability to see patterns in data/behaviour and draw conclusions quickly and accurately.
- Communication: Delivering actionable insights in formal and informal settings and creating tools that ensure user needs are considered at all times.
- Persuasion: Ability to convince stakeholders and team members of the value of user research and articulate how meeting user needs will deliver meaningful business results.
- Facilitation: Ability to facilitate a broad range of progressive design research methods. For example, face-to-face interviews, observations, stakeholder workshops, remote sessions, etc.
- Leadership and management: managing the professional development of our UX Consultants and sharing knowledge and passion with the wider teams.
Would be nice...
- Rapid prototyping to take user insight into experience design and beyond.
- Working with leaders across the business to create and test innovative approaches to user research and experience design.
- Knowledge of modern product management and development practices.
- Close working relationship with performance specialists.
- Addressing the wider research needs of digital businesses.
What we value...
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together.
- We value people who improve, continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference.
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them by working together effectively.
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- Personal headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental health cover
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!