Role and responsibilities...
- Be heavily involved in the development of content strategy and campaign ideas in response to client briefs, will play a central role in pitching to win this work, and will continuously build strong working relationships with clients.
- Be responsible for the ongoing development and delivery of the content production and distribution strategy for all existing clients.
- Shape our content offer and ensure we are competitive in the market.
- Identify opportunities to grow revenue through better content services for clients.
- Ensure team output is inline with client expectations and budget.
- Provide leadership and direction for your team of content specialists (currently 5 people).
- Manage team performance and ensure business contribution targets are met.
- Keep sales teams, editorial teams, publishers and directors up-to-speed with market developments and the impact on our business.
- Coordinate day-to-day team activities such as outreach, research, content creation, technical SEO, and related.
- Lead by example though standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Work with clients to set and measure content and marketing goals and ensure that creative concepts are aligned to strategy.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that will reach customers that leads to critical behavioural metrics.
- Establish workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Work with user experience and data/analytics specialists to gauge content effectiveness and make recommendations based on these insights.
- Continually demonstrate brilliance in content marketing through adapting to the changing nature of the industry and using relevant practices that align with technical innovations, e.g. Google changing its algorithm.
Skills and experience...
- Solid understanding of the fabric of the web and ability to utilise distribution models to have a strategic impact across multiple channels.
- Significant experience in direct marketing in a content environment with a deep understanding of channels and new technology opportunities.
- Understand how to best optimise content to attract and engage users.
- Research and use industry leading tools and demonstration of how they can add value.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Google Analytics) social media marketing applications (Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- Experience creating a resource or library of organised content, indicating SEO, translations and version control.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage at a senior level with clients and Code.
- Experience managing a team, possessing natural leadership skills.
- A willingness to embrace (and lead) change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Creation of presentations using brand and customer storytelling.
- Ability to evaluate information architecture and propose improvements using user-centred methods.
- Technical understanding web platforms and publishing workflows.
What we value...
We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- £20 headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental cover up to £100
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!