Purpose of the role
Working collaboratively with designers, developers and other digital professionals with-in a product team, you’ll create world-class products and services that meet the needs of real people, and equally, provide commercially successful solutions for our clients.
Working in partnership with clients and peers, you will be working with-in the full product lifecycle by conducting a range of research, design and experimentation methods. You will be proficient in explaining why your chosen design method is suitable in each individual situation.
From problem through to solution, you will continue to progress the design through production, experimentation and build ensuring the final product experience is delivered to the highest standards of craft and utility.
Role and responsibilities...
- Collaborative - working with other disciplines and clients in your product team to define innovative and effective product experiences
- Empathy – always forming and testing ideas, designs and solutions with the needs of real people in mind.
- Commercial experience design – balance user goals and business objectives with brand, time, budget, and technology.
- See the big picture – Ensure your design activity is contributing to the wider product strategy and adds customer and commercial value.
- Make effective decisions – use sound judgement, data, evidence and peer support to arrive at decisions and advice.
Skills and experience...
- Select, plan and perform appropriate user research and testing activities
- Create design artefacts as appropriate; for example personas, user journeys, sitemaps, process flow diagrams, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes
- Working with specialists to shape the brand, content and interaction layers
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with front-end developers
- Peer review and critique projects throughout design and development for experience quality, usability
- Knowledge of modern product management and development practices
- Utilise experimentation to help inform product decisions and guidance
- Attend client meetings to present work and make recommendations
- Self-leadership – be responsible and accountable for your own actions and growth. Ensure you are always seeking to improve your work and the world
- Design activity – be responsible for conducting appropriate design activity to drive the product forward.
- Programs of work – Work with peers to select a program of design methods needed to meet any specific design challenge.
What we value...
We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together.
We value people who improve, continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference.
We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them by working together effectively.
Perks of working for Code
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Subsidised massages on-site
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- Annual (& legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme