We are a digital product agency and we make beautiful experiences with our clients…then make them better!
Role and responsibilities...
You will lead the end-to-end design process, making use of range of methods, including field research, persuasion design, experience mapping, high-fidelity prototyping and usability testing (in our purpose-built usability lab) to inform your thinking, while always working in partnership with clients and peers, and so explaining why these methods are suitable in each individual context. From here, you will continue to lead the design into production, ensuring the final solution is delivered in line with the original vision and to the highest standards of craft and utility.
We need you to roll your sleeves up, but also be a natural leader and mentor, as your work will shape the final product, ensuring we make use of evidence and insights to underpin amazing solutions that work beautifully for their intended users.
Skills and experience...
- Select, plan, and perform appropriate user research and testing activities
- Propose and test IA, taxonomies, navigation and key product journeys
- Create deliverables as appropriate; for example, personas, user journeys, sitemaps, process flow diagrams, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes
- Working with our Art Director to shape the visual and interaction layers
- Productive working relationships with front-end developers
- Peer review and critique projects throughout design and development for experience quality, usability, and business value
- Attend client meetings to present work and make recommendations.
- Plan and conduct stakeholder interviews and client workshops
- Work with Product Owners to plan project activities and estimate costs
- Knowledge of modern product management and development practices.
What we value...
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
Our offices are based in Manchester City centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Piccadilly train station. We value our working spaces greatly so we've crafted studios and working environments that let creativity flourish. We would like individuals who can embrace Code's learning culture and collaborative project approach.
We offer a good salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday, paid social events, bike schemes, child care schemes, you name it...
Perks of working for Code
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Subsidised massages on-site
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- Annual (& legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme