The Associate Art Director is responsible for ensuring that the things we make work beautifully.
Working closely with strategy, client services and the wider design team, you’ll bring to life a clear, creative and inspiring vision for our clients’ businesses and their digital products.
You will lead the concepts, creative direction, and visual experience design that drive forward the products and services that we create. Your passion for design goes beyond decoration, ensuring that our work is engaging, inspiring and works beautifully for the intended users. You will work with brands of all shapes and sizes, effectively translating the brand into digital experiences that exude the brand personality.
Far from a hands-off job, the Associate Art Director will need to roll their sleeves up, provide leadership and direction to designers and the wider production, will be comfortable presenting their ideas to executive-level stakeholders and will be determined to see the vision through to the delivery to end customers.
Role and responsibilities...
Vision - Imaging the future of a project in vivid colour and being able to clearly articulate and communicate this vision to both clients and teams.
Setting the bar high - Championing the quality of design of across the agency. Never settling for ‘good enough’.
Seeing things through - Supporting production teams throughout the project journey, maintaining the initial vision, ideas and quality of design.
Leadership through design – helping develop other team members, by sharing your knowledge and passion for design with the wider agency and the world.
Skills and experience...
A strong background at a digital agency in a mid/senior design position.
Experienced in both the fields of digital design and branding.
Strong communication skills, comfortable pitching to executive level stakeholders.
Experience collaborating with external design partners - Brand/Ad agencies.
Creating tangible deliverables where required such as pitch documents, design principles and design guidelines.
Peer review and critique projects throughout design and development for experience quality, usability, and business value
Attend client meetings to present work and make recommendations
- Plan and conduct workshops to uncover the brand personality and values.
- Work with Product Owners to plan project activities and estimate costs
- Knowledge of modern product management and development practices
- Video, editing and animation skills
What we value...
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together.
- We value people who improve, continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference.
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them by working together effectively.
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- £20 headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental cover up to £100
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!