No more testing at the end!!
Embed modern test practices, processes and champion high level quality code within multi-disciplined teams.
We are looking for a capable Agile Tester / QA Analyst that will work across multi-disciplined teams to produce high quality, testable solutions for our client portfolio.
In this role, you will be driving quality throughout the development lifecycle while interacting daily with internal and external clients. You will be baking quality in early via User Stories – that can drive Automated User/Test Acceptance Criteria, this in turn will increase frequency of feedback, reliability and therefore increasing product quality & team efficiency.
You must have a keen desire to constantly learn and then efficiently apply new skills from & to Lean/Agile teams to improve/mentor skillset, resulting in increasing commercial value within Code Computerlove.
Role and responsibilities...
You will work as part of a cross disciplined product team, taking responsibility for the quality of the deliverable, but ensuring that you help all team members understand how to act in an Agile Tester capacity so the team can self manage.
You will help create user stories with Product Owners, and Developers & Client ensuring all have a clear, shared view of the feature. User Stories then need to have well defined Acceptance Criteria & Success Criteria/Value that can be measured.
With support of the Agile Test discipline, you will also be responsible with driving improvements through testing & automation for acceptance criteria within you team and across Code as a whole.
You will relish challenges, taking opportunities to learn & take an active part in team lean/agile work practices/processes improvements to reduce inefficiencies.
You will understand and improve your commercial effectiveness by hitting & exceeding billable targets & working towards test KPI’s to help improve team efficiencies
Who are you?
As a Professional Agile Tester, are you confident in modern test processes? (Not just test at the end!)
Can you identify and drive improvements on how and when we apply test process in the delivery process?
Do you have a questioning nature, along with a meticulous attention to detail?
Confident communicator, able to articulate clearly and build relationships across a range of disciplines in a product team, including clients?
Can you contribute to the internal Agile Test discipline within Code to share your specialism with others?
Are you able to continually adapt, modify and improve yours & your teams skillset, tools and processes? One size doesn't fit all..
Are you actively engaged within test community groups in the North West to further your technical ability?
If this sounds like you - then we'd love to speak to you!
Skills and experience...
- Energetic & keen desire to learn
- Solid QA & Testing methodologies and tooling across Test Analyst and Test Automation
- Analytical thinker
- Eye for detail
- Able to understand, communicate & manage risk of delivery
- Good understanding of Business Analysis - User story and scenario writing
- Good understanding of lean/agile working processes (Scrum/Kanban) – and ability to identify improvements
- Strong communication skills ranging from Client focus to Technical detail
- Understanding of development and technology stacks
- Collaborative mind-set
What we value...
What our Teams & Engineers Value
- A focus on modern engineering principles, Craftsmanship, Automation, TDD & BDD, DevOps, so technical solutions can be constantly adapted to meet ever changing demands with reliability, repeatability and fast feedback.
- Agile/Lean Thinking - Product focussed, Kanban approach, Extreme programming, building collaborative team structures that want to surface and use data to drive decisions.
- Self-Organising – empowered team that constantly seek to improve to reliably deliver iterative solutions.
- Learning & Personal Development - Code Kata's, Brown Bags, Skill Shares & External software coaches
- Actively attend & speak at local tech & lean meetups in the North West - DevOps Manc, XPMan, MancJS, North West Tester Gathering, CodeUp etc
- Use the flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas are encouraged.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
- BRILLIANT NEVER STOPS
Our offices are based in Manchester City centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Piccadilly train station. We value our working spaces greatly so we've crafted studios and working environments that let creativity flourish. We would like individuals who can embrace Code's learning culture and collaborative project approach.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday, paid social events, bike schemes, you name it...
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Relocation package (if applicable)
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Medical / health insurance scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 personal training budget
- Personal headphone allowance
- Laptop bag allowance
- Eye & dental health cover
- Gin Friday (Friday bar)
- Social & supported events throughout the year
- Subsidised professional massage (on site)
- Bike scheme
- Child care scheme
- And much more!