We don’t really need an excuse to celebrate round here, but this year is pretty special – we’ve turned 18!
Yes, in the eyes of the law, we’ve reached the legal drinking age (if you know anything about the Code team, you’ll already know we’ll be having a few to celebrate).
And after our recent merger with MediaCom North, we’ve been reminiscing about the last 18 years of Code – [our co-founder shared some memories with The Drum](http://www.thedrum.com/opinion/2017/04/12/code-computerlove-s-tony-foggett-doing-the-deal-and-agency-life-part-mediacom?utm_content=buffere4b47&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer) recently.
Over the years, we’ve worked with some amazing clients on some equally incredible projects. We doubt that Louis, Tony and Wini could have predicted that, 18 years on, their small start-up would have grown into a 90-strong agency.
So, how are we celebrating the big ‘one eight’?
No birthday is complete without cake.
So, here’s ours, featuring the original Computerlovers back in 1999 when it all began…
We’ve asked the team to offer the pearls of wisdom they’d share with their younger selves. Introducing the “To my 18-year-old self” series – enjoy!
We’ve dusted off the photo albums and found some absolute gems from ‘back in the day’. You can find the first photos of the team-of-three back in 1999, over on our Facebook page](https://www.facebook.com/CodeComputerlove/).
18 facts for our 18th birthday
And finally, as we celebrate our coming of age, here are 18 facts about Code Computerlove.
1. Our legendary ‘Code Christmas Do’ has taken us to 15 different overseas countries and cities including Berlin, Budapest, Amsterdam, Krakow, Dublin, Bilbao, Hamburg.
2. Over the years, we’ve been awarded more than 150 industry and business awards (and we’re currently shortlisted for another three).
3. From a small start-up of three in 1999, Code is now a 90-strong agency.
4. We started using our new strapline ‘Brilliant Never Stops’ last year – it reflects our product thinking approach and the way we work with our clients to continually evolve their digital capabilities.
5. We have made 13,811 cups of coffee since we got our new coffee machine in June 2016. The most loved drink is a Flat White with 4475 followed by a Cappuccino at 2523.
6. Our longest-standing client is NUS who’ve been with Code for more than 16 years, closely followed by Hillarys at 13 years.
7. The team use more than 300 packs of Post-it notes every year.
8. We’ve been featured in over 3,000 news articles.
9. The Higher Lower Game we created has been played in every single country around the world.
10. Managing director Louis Georgiou is actually called Loizos.
11. The agency has implemented 20+ Design Sprints in the past 18 months.
12. In the past 12 months Code has generated more than £70m additional revenue for our clients through our CRO services alone.
13. Code’s first claim to fame was creating the first website for Dr Martens back in 2000 which went on to win numerous awards.
14. We benchmarked an industry first when we helped TransPennine Express became the first and only UK rail operator to introduce GPS technology to its mobile site; the website also provided live location-based station information.
15. We love a good cause – the Computerlover team has cooked curries, baked cakes, slept on the streets for the night, entered races and held numerous raffles all for charity.
16. Code moved into swanky new offices on Jutland Street in November 2006 (then moved to our current, even more stunning home in Sevendale House in 2016).
17. We have a fantastic maker space within the office kitted out with loads of gadgets and gizmos for people to develop their own crafting skills.
18. “Made with Computerlove” is our mark of brilliance.
And with plenty of exciting stuff in the pipeline, our 18th year is set to be a particularly memorable one.