Architect and Implement sustainable, adaptable digital software engineering solutions.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers from a C#/.NET Core web background (along with capabilities in other languages or frameworks), to support and define architectural direction, as well as highly confident in driving modern engineering craftsmanship practices in implementation.
You’ll be comfortable in supporting & pushing the TDD, DevOps culture in your team, and will mainly be working across Azure or AWS (with an eye on GCP), using SaaS or subscription services, and Serverless/Lambda.
You will likely have over 5+ years experience in software engineering roles in digital web and API development.
Role Band: 3
(Band Guide: 1:Foundation. 2:Professional. 3:Senior. 4:Lead/Principal. 5:Director)
Salary: Up to £55k
The salary banding for this role is dependant on your experience.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity at Code. We are actively encouraging applications from black and ethnic minority groups and women in engineering.
Despite the impacts of COVID-19, we are still recruiting as normal. We have taken the full recruitment process digital, so will perform interviews, interactive sessions and the office walk around through web conferencing. Although we are working remotely at the moment (during a pandemic), we expected a post-pandemic working world to embrace a mix of remote/office working – so this role is NOT a fully remote opportunity. Our fantastic city-centre office space is COVID-19 secure, and open for our staff to work from if they wish to from time to time today.
As a Senior Software Engineer (reporting to the Software Development Lead), you will play a critical role in delivering technical solutions as part of a product delivery team consisting of Software Development Lead, Software & Front-End Engineers, Agile Test/QA, Designers and Product Delivery Managers.
You are already a competent modern software engineer who has solid experience and skills in TDD & SOLID practices, with exposure to Lean/Agile processes but looking for the support & culture to progress further. You will have support from our ‘Best in Industry’ Principal Engineers, to drive out architectures and so you can keep progressing your own skills.
Skills and experience
- 5 years or more minimum commercial experience as a Software Engineer in a C#/.NET Core web/API environment.
- Solid in craftsmanship skills like TDD, SOLID, Refactoring Patterns etc.
- Work with a DevOps mindset in Azure / AWS.
- Able to input or make architectural decisions.
- Strong communication skills – making tech & architecture choices easy to understand for support stakeholders, but also as part of team processes & practices.
- Confident in an agile working environment, re-enforcing and support team improvement & processes with your Software Development Lead.
- Serverless & Lambda experience
- GCP experience
What we value
What our Engineers Value
- A focus on modern engineering principles, craftsmanship, automation, TDD and BDD, DevOps, so technical solutions can be constantly adapted to meet ever-changing demands with reliability, repeatability and fast feedback.
- Agile/Lean Thinking – Product focussed, Kanban approach, Extreme programming.
- Self-Organising teams that constantly seek to improve to reliably deliver iterative solutions.
- Learning & Personal Development – Code Katas, Brown Bags, Skill Shares.
- Actively attend and speak at local tech and lean meetups in the North West.
- Use the flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas are encouraged.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together.
- We value people who improve; continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference.
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with, and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
Although we are working remotely at the moment (during a pandemic), we are expected a post-pandemic working world to embrace a mix of remote/office working – so this role is NOT a fully remote opportunity. Our fantastic city-centre office space is COVID-19 secure, and open for our staff to work from if they wish to from time to time.
Our Manchester city-centre office space, just a few minutes walk from Picadilly train station, reflects the collaborative way we work, so we’ve crafted studios and working environments that let creativity and collaboration flourish
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this, we have a generous benefits package, including our ‘Make-Change’ Friday afternoon learning time every week, pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday growing to 30 days over time, paid social events, bike schemes, child care schemes.
Perks of working for Code
- DevOps Training & Certification
- Make-Change Friday afternoon – dedicated improvement time
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Subsidised massages on-site
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- £25 per month wellbeing budget
- Corporate discounts with the likes of John Lewis and Made.com
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- Annual (& legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme
- Your birthday off
- Flexible bank-holidays
- Profit-related bonus
Powered by Jobvite