Purpose of the role
Working collaboratively with designers, developers and other digital professionals within a product team, you’ll create world-class products and services that meet the needs of real people, and equally, provide commercially successful solutions for our clients.
You will be working within the full product lifecycle by conducting a range of design, research and experimentation methods, and be proficient in explaining why your chosen design method is suitable in each individual situation.
From problem through to solution, you will continue to progress the design through production, experimentation and build ensuring the final product experience is delivered to the highest standards of craft and utility.
Role Band: 2
(Band Guide: 1:Junior. 2:Designer. 3:Lead Designer. 4:Head/Principal. 5:Director)
The salary banding for this role is dependant on your experience.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity at Code. We are actively encouraging applications from black and ethnic minority groups and women in engineering.
Despite the impacts of COVID-19, we are still recruiting as normal. We have taken the full recruitment process digital, so will perform interviews, interactive sessions and the office walk around through web conferencing.
We are also working remotely, however, our fantastic city-centre office space is COVID-19 secure, and open for our staff to work from if they wish to from time to time.
Role and responsibilities
- Collaborative – working with other disciplines and clients in your product team to define innovative and effective product experiences.
- Empathy – always forming and testing ideas, designs and solutions with the needs of real people in mind.
- Commercial experience design – balance user goals and business objectives with brand, time, budget, and technology.
- See the big picture – Ensure your design activity is contributing to the wider product strategy and adds customer and commercial value.
- Make effective decisions – use sound judgement, data, evidence and peer support to arrive at decisions and advice.
Skills and experience
- Design a range of hi-fidelity solutions for things like apps, marketing websites, software interfaces, and digital services
- Working with specialists to shape the brand, content, and interaction layers of the product
- Peer review and critique projects throughout design and development for experience quality, usability
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with front-end developers
- Select, plan and perform appropriate user research and testing activities
- Create design artifacts as appropriate for example, personas, user journeys and experience maps
- Knowledge of modern product management and development practices
- Utilise experimentation to help inform product decisions and guidance
- Attend client meetings to present work and make recommendations
- Self-leadership – be responsible and accountable for your own actions and growth. Ensure you are always seeking to improve your work and the world.
- Design activity – be responsible for conducting appropriate design activity to drive the product forward.
- Programs of work – Work with peers to select a program of design methods needed to meet any specific design challenge.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together.
- We value people who improve, continually improve themselves and the world around them to make a difference.
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them by working together effectively.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday growing to 30 days over time, paid social events, bike schemes, child care schemes, you name it…
For the foreseeable future, we are a remote-first business, however, our fantastic city center office space is COVID-19 secure, and open for our staff to work from if they wish to from time to time. Our Manchester city-center office space, just a few minutes’ walk from Picadilly train station, reflects the collaborative way we work, so we’ve crafted studios and working environments that let creativity flourish.
Perks of working for Code
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Subsidised massages on-site
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- Annual (& legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme
Powered by Jobvite