Deliver end-to-end digital conversion optimisation programmes through insight-driven experimentation
We are looking for a conversion optimsation/CRO specialist to join our Performance discipline, driving conversion improvement in digital products through analysis, testing, and experimentation.
Role Band: 2
(Band Guide: 1:Junior. Conversion Consultant 2:Conversion Consultant. 3:Senior Conversion Consultant. 4:Head of. 5:Director)
Salary: Band 2: £25k – £35k
The salary banding for this role is dependant on your experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity at Code. We are actively encouraging applications from black and ethnic minority groups and women in engineering.
Despite the impacts of COVID-19, we are still recruiting as normal. We have taken the full recruitment process digital, so will perform interviews, interactive sessions and the office walk around through web conferencing. Although we are working remotely at the moment (during a pandemic), we expected a post-pandemic working world to embrace a mix of remote/office working – so this role is NOT a fully remote opportunity. Our fantastic city-center office space is COVID-19 secure, and open for our staff to work from if they wish to from time to time today.
Purpose of the role
At Code we want to plan, design and build high performing digital products. Conversion Consultants are responsible for defining and running optimisation programmes for clients across the agency and direct conversion clients.
You will be responsible for the continual improvement of our clients’ websites and apps, by: understanding the client’s business model; determining where there are opportunities for online improvement; and building and analysing research and testing programmes.
You will be able to set up and analyse the results of AB/MV testing and personalisation programmes, work with UX Consultants and other disciplines to determine what qualitative and quantitative research activities are required, and work with UX, designers, developers and content writers to define and plan test hypotheses through to production.
Role and responsibilities
- Understanding client business models – spotting opportunities for commercial optimisation, and building test and insight plans.
- Testing – implement, manage and analyse AB and MVT tests, and personalisation programmes, working with project managers, designers, UX consultants and developers to define hypotheses and ensure smooth design and production of tests.
- Client-centric – creating and maintain good relationships with clients, and support new business development and pitching.
- Service innovation – working with other senior members of the agency to proactively develop Code’s conversion services and processes.
- Define and set digital KPIs for client websites/apps
- Analyse and report on digital performance, by performing analytics reviews, and reviews of other business data
- Set up AB/MV tests and in personalisation programmes relevant testing software
- Analyse and report on the performance of AB and MV tests and personalisation
- Collaborate with UX consultants to select and plan appropriate user research and UX testing activities to be part of CRO programmes.
- Collaborate with designers, UX consultants and developers to define test hypotheses, and design and build tests.
- Work with project managers, digital consultants, designers and developers to plan project activities, and estimate costs.
- Attend client meetings to present updates and recommendations.
- Support the Conversion lead on new business pitches and proposals, helping to write responses and proposal documents, giving project time estimates, and planning and delivering pitch content.
- Contribute toward the development of CRO process, guidelines, templates and training.
Skills and experience
- An ability to take a leading role in the CRO service, working closely with clients and directing other team members
- Experience of customer experience analytics tools (e.g. Crazy Egg, Hotjar, etc)
- Experience of planning and implementing AB and MV testing programmes, and personalisation programmes
- Experience of common AB/MVT software (e.g. VWO, Google Optimize)
- Experience of defining objectives and KPIs on digital projects
- An understanding of marketing channels and traffic sources
- Experienced and proficient in Google Analytics/other analytics tools
- An awareness of UX research
- An understanding of persuasion, usability, and information architecture
- Qualitative and quantitative user research techniques (user testing, depth interviews, tree testing, card sorting, surveys, etc)
You are aware of and have used and understand a selection of the following performance-based tooling
• Google Analytics / Adobe Analytics
User Insight Tools
• Usertesting.com / Lookback
• Hotjar / Qualaroo / Usabilla / etc.
• Hotjar / Fullstory / SessionCam / Clicktale / Decibel Insight / etc.
A/B testing tools
• Optimizely / VWO / Qubit / Monetate / Adobe Test and Target
Call tracking systems
• ResponseTap / Calltracks (Basic)
What we value
- Analytical, problem-solving mind – Continually analysing the performance of websites and apps, and making suggestions to improve conversion and engagement.
- Data lover – getting deep and real insight from web analytics and other business data. Excited by numbers.
- Collaboration – Engage a wide range of stakeholders, make data & insights accessible and useful.
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who are always improving both themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with, and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
Although we are working remotely at the moment (during a pandemic), we are expected a post-pandemic working world to embrace a mix of remote/office working – so this role is NOT a fully remote opportunity. Our fantastic city center office space is COVID-19 secure, and open for our staff to work from if they wish to from time to time. Our Manchester city-center office space, just a few minutes’ walk from Picadilly train station, reflects the collaborative way we work, so we’ve crafted studios and working environments that let creativity and collaboration flourish.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this, we have a generous benefits package, including our ‘Make-Change’ Friday afternoon learning time every week, pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday growing to 30 days over time, paid social events, bike schemes, child care schemes…
Perks of working for Code
- Make-Change Friday afternoon – dedicated improvement time
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Charity volunteer day
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- Annual (& legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme
- Subsidised massages on-site
Powered by Jobvite