Help embed modern test practices, processes and champion high-level quality code within a multi-disciplined software delivery team.
We are looking for a capable Agile QA/Test Analyst (2 or 3 years experience a minimum) that will work as part of a multi-disciplined delivery team to produce high-quality, testable products with our client partners.
Role Band: 2 or 3
(Band Guide: 1:Foundation. 2:Professional. 3:Senior. 4:Lead/Principal. 5:Director)
Salary: Band 2: £25k-£35k – Band 3: £35k-£45k
The salary banding for this role is dependant on your experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity at Code. We are actively encouraging applications from black and ethnic minority groups and women in engineering.
Despite the impacts of COVID-19, we are still recruiting as normal. We have taken the full recruitment process digital, so will perform interviews, interactive sessions and the office walk around through web conferencing. Although we are working remotely at the moment (during a pandemic), we expected a post-pandemic working world to embrace a mix of remote/office working – so this role is NOT a fully remote opportunity. Our fantastic city-center office space is COVID-19 secure, and open for our staff to work from if they wish to from time to time today.
Who are you?
- A Professional or Senior QA/Test Analyst with a minimum of 2-3 years upwards experience, confident in modern test processes (Not just test at the end!)
- You can identify and drive improvements on how to apply test process and improvements in a team delivery process.
- You have a questioning nature, along with meticulous attention to detail.
- Confident communicator, able to articulate clearly and build relationships across a range of disciplines in a product team, including clients.
- Able to continually adapt, modify and improve your & your team’s skillset, tools and processes? One size doesn’t fit all.
- Perhaps you are actively part of QA/Test community groups in the North West.
- If this sounds like you – then we’d love to speak to you!
Purpose of the role
In this role, you will be driving quality throughout the development lifecycle – especially upstream – while interacting daily with external client stakeholders. You will be baking quality in early via User Stories – that can drive Automated User/Test Acceptance Criteria, this, in turn, will increase the frequency of feedback, reliability and therefore increasing product quality & team delivery efficiency.
You must have a keen desire to constantly learn. apply and share new skills as part of your delivery team, resulting in a more self-organizing delivery team.
Role and responsibilities
- You will work as part of a cross-disciplined product delivery team, taking responsibility for the quality of the deliverable, but ensuring that you help all team members understand how to act in an Agile Test Analyst capacity so the team could self-manage.
- You will help create User Stories with the Delivery Manager, Developers & Client ensuring all have a clear, shared view of the feature. User Stories then need to have well-defined Acceptance Criteria & Success Criteria/Value for measurement.
- With support from your Agile Test discipline colleagues across Code, you will also be responsible for driving improvements through improvement in practice, process, standards, testing & automation within your team.
- You will relish challenges, taking opportunities to learn & take an active part in team lean/agile work practices/processes improvements to reduce inefficiencies.
- You will understand and improve your commercial effectiveness by hitting & exceeding billable targets & working towards test KPI’s to help improve team efficiencies
Skills and experience
- Energetic & keen desire to learn
- Solid QA & Testing methodologies and tooling across Test Analyst and Test Automation
- Analytical thinker
- Eye for detail
- Able to understand, communicate & manage risk of delivery
- Good understanding of Business Analysis – User story and scenario writing
- Good understanding of lean/agile working processes (Scrum/Kanban) – and ability to identify improvements
- Strong communication skills ranging from Client focus to Technical detail
- Understanding of development and technology stacks
- Collaborative mind-set
What we value
What our Teams Value
- Agile/Lean Thinking – Product focussed, Kanban approach, Extreme programming, building collaborative team structures that want to surface and use data to drive decisions.
- Self-organizing – empowered team that constantly seek to improve to reliably deliver iterative solutions.
- Learning & Personal Development – Code Kata’s, Brown Bags, Skill Shares & External software coaches
- Actively attend & speak at local tech & lean meetups in the North West – North West Tester Gathering, XPMan, Lean-Agile Manchester, CodeUp etc
Code Computerlove Values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who are always improving both themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
Although we are working remote at the moment (during a pandemic), we are expected a post-pandemic working world to embrace a mix of remote/office working – so this role is NOT a fully remote opportunity. Our fantastic city center office space is COVID-19 secure, and open for our staff to work from if they wish to from time to time. Our Manchester city-center office space, just a few minutes’ walk from Picadilly train station, reflects the collaborative way we work, so we’ve crafted studios and working environments that let creativity and collaboration flourish.
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this, we have a generous benefits package, including our ‘Make-Change’ Friday afternoon learning time every week, pension scheme, medical insurance, flexi-start, 25 days holiday growing to 30 days over time, paid social events, bike schemes, child care schemes…
Perks of working for Code
- Make-Change Friday afternoon – dedicated improvement time
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Subsidised massages on-site
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- Annual (& legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme
Powered by Jobvite